Friday, August 8, 2008

Growing Puppies and Back to School


img_0080_00, originally uploaded by MamaBear#1.

The boys are getting pretty big now and Oliver has left our den for a new one in the Steel capital. We miss his cute fuzzy face and Sherman misses his little brother.

I can't believe how fast summer is a passing. Just completed my 5th week of our summer school/camp for our students with special learning needs. We have one more week and then a short 2 1/2 week break before the first day of school. Of course, that doesn't mean putting my feet up. I've been transferred from high school to kindergarten! (No more teaching cooking skills every morning.) Our classroom has been completely remodeled so there will be some work to do getting everything in order for opening day.

And with back-to-school comes some new classes for me. I'm very excited to be working with students who use ASL to help them communicate. I'll be taking classes to improve my signing skills. Much needed. Unless all these students need to say is "please," "thank you" and "i need to potty."

I've been working on my rate and clarity of finger spelling this summer, which is coming along, and signing important things like the little fishy song, days of the week (sung to the Adams Family theme song) and "Let's go to camp." Yes, kindergarten is going to be a big change for me. There is something so exciting about going back to school. I can't wait!

No comments: